GRACE Campaign empowering the girl child
GRACE helps Girls build Resilience, Aspirations, Capabilities and Empowerment. Launched in 2015, the campaign aims to build their confidence to navigate social, cultural, economic and gender barriers. It is designed to help girls make informed educational decisions and invest in girls to equip them with the knowledge and skills necessary for career development. GRACE includes, interactive sessions for girls from grades 9-12, information sessions for parents, social media campaign and inspirational video clips.
Safety Steps Campaign promoting children’s safety
Launched in 2010, Safety Steps focuses on Road Safety, Fire Safety and Emergency Preparedness. Safety Steps includes billboards and video clips, interactive sessions for children, information sessions for parents and workshops for teachers.
HOPE Campaign preventing child abuse
HOPE Campaign urges the community to get involved in protecting children through:
• Raising awareness
• Recognizing signs
• Reporting abuse
• Reaching out
HOPE includes awareness sessions for students and parents, workshops and handbook for teachers, social media campaign, posters, billboards, TV and radio clips, photography competition and exhibition, campaign specific website and advocacy efforts.
CAN DO supporting children with disabilities
Launched in 2014, CAN DO is a network established by ARC which includes Association for Disability and Development (ADD), Beautiful Eyes Down Syndrome Association of Maldives, Blind and Visually Impaired Association of Maldives, Care Society, Maldives Autism Association, Maldives Deaf Association (MDA) and Maldives Association of Physical Disables (MAPD).
CAN DO aims to:
• raise awareness on issues and challenges faced by children with disabilities
• work together to implement the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) and the Maldives Disability Act
CAN DO includes training of teachers and service providers, awareness sessions for parents, campaign specific website, panel discussions, inspirational videos, mini-documentaries, TV and radio clips, brochures, posters, billboards, radio shows.
RESPECT Campaign promoting social values
Launched in 2014, RESPECT teaches children the importance of:
• Respecting yourself (self esteem, self control, self responsibility)
• Respecting others (peers, elders, teachers)
• Respecting differences (appearances, opinions, cultures)
• Respecting boundaries (laws and rules, personal space and privacy)
• Respecting surroundings (home, school, community and environment)
RESPECT includes workshops for preschool, primary and secondary teachers, interactive sessions for children, video clips, information sessions for parents and guidance for schools to develop antibullying
Surf Smart Campaign promoting internet safety
Launched in 2015, Surf Sm@rt focuses on:
• Hidden Hazards (How to be more aware and protected)
• Internet Intimidation (How to deal with those who don’t have good intentions)
• Neat Networking (Steps to stay safe while using social media)
• True Tales (Learning from real life experiences)
• Safe Searching (Recognizing that everything online may not be what it seems)
Surf Sm@rt includes flyers, billboards, and video clips, interactive sessions for children, social media campaign, information sessions for parents and workshops for teachers.
HEAL Campaign promoting health and nutrition
Launched in 2010, HEAL promotes the following 5 messages:
• Eat a Rainbow (colour in your day with fruits and vegetables)
• Rethink your Drink (choose water first to quench your thirst)
• Dunk the Junk (eat less processed food)
• Snack Smart (choose healthy snack options)
• Unplug and Play (switch off screens and be physically active)
HEAL includes fun and educational sing along song, storybooks, festival, cooking programmes, workshops and resource guide for teachers, social media campaign, interactive sessions for students, awareness sessions for parents, TV and radio clips, posters, brochures, billboards and campaign specific website.